The Plan

7 6+ 5+Week Driving Trip to see the West, all of it......before the girls, and their parents, get too old!

The Motto

“Focus on the journey, not the destination.
Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

Or as Captain Jack would say,
"It's not the destination, so much as the journey."

Wyoming Blue!

Wyoming Blue!
July 19, 2010

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where to stay in Monterey?

From Yosemite it's off to the beach!  It will be the first glimpse of the Pacific for the girls, Karen included.  I've got my 40+ year old memories of Carmel!

With that in mind, where do you stay?  Right on the beach, or in the middle of the Monterey attractions?  I’ve got two nights booked beachfront about a mile north of the Monterey Peninsula, and a lead on a 4-star hotel next to the Aquarium.  It looks beautiful, sounds very nice, but not directly on the beach.  I’m a little concerned that 4-star and kid friendly may not mix there.   Let me know if you have suggestions before I make any non-refundable reservations.

For entertainment, I was thinking 5-some at Pebble Beach? 
I’ve got some sweet picture ideas!

Knickers and a Kilt: $200
Greens Fees:  $495 (times 5)
Pebble Beach Sunset Pictures!
Priceless….NOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment